Thursday, October 28, 2010

Time for costumes.

Cowboy Chase


my little butterfly

We've been without a camera for awhile now, but I figured Ellie's very first preschool Halloween party was a good occasion to borrow one. She is loving preschool and learning all kinds of things. She can write her name, sing lots of new songs and cut with scissors. I'm not sure how I feel about that last one, but I suppose she has to learn some time.

I also realized today that she can recite almost the entire first chapter of Sideways Stories from Wayside School. I've been reading it to her for a few weeks now, but had never heard her join in before. I thought maybe it was just the first few lines, then maybe just the first few paragraphs, but she either finished my sentences or recited it all the way to the end of the chapter. It made me laugh every time she'd chime in. She's definitely been holding out on me.



1 comment:

Karli said...

Is Chase seriously walking now? How old is he now? My, how the time flies! Super cute kids :) Hearing about Ellie makes me wish I'd done preschool for Garrett. I came SO close to signing him up with Elli's teacher, but then he FLIPPED out - probably should have done it anyway. :)