Sunday, July 26, 2009

I am not a sew-er.

Usually.
But yesterday I sewed this.


Or finished it I should say. The fabric was bought at the beginning of the week (after quite a few indecisive and discouraging trips to the fabric store and lots of online searching), the skirt was sewn mid week (by far the easiest part) and the bumper was all pieced and sewn together just before 2am last night...or this morning I guess. (I thought I was almost done around 10.)

I am very pleased with how it turned out, thanks my sister-in-law Stephanie's wonderful instructions (I payed very close attention since I knew she'd be unreachable once the sewing began) and my surprising last minute helper who measured, pinned and pressed like a champ (yes, my one and only, danny).

I hoped to finish some time before our little baby boy arrived in September, so it looks like I'm well ahead of schedule. Now on to Ellie's quilt, a few decorative pillows and some wall art.

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Andrea Gunnell said...

Good job! I love the material you picked.

Karli said...

Stinking cute! Can't wait to see more pictures of the whole nursery/Ellie's room. Wanna teach me how you did it? I'm ready for a change whenever we finally have another kid and will probably have to make it to get what I want :) Did you happen to take pictures during the process? Your clean and simple style inspires me. LOVE IT!

stephanie said...

oh yay! i didn't think you'd be able to wait til i got home. it looks so great, lindsi. i knew you could do it!

Unknown said...

I don't know how I missed this post before. Everything looks super cute! I should have taken a peak when I was over the other day.