Thursday, August 13, 2009

A new favorite

Something about this hot weather has put me in the mood for lots of yummy salads lately.
Here's the latest.


A Home Version of
Mimi's Chicken and Fruit Salad

lots of greens ( I use green leaf lettuce and spinach)
craisins
walnuts (chopped)
tomato (finely chopped)
strawberries (sliced)
bacon bits (I prefer mine without)
chicken breast (diced or shredded)
Balsamic Vinaigrette

I have never been a fan of fruit on salad, but now that has all changed. I'm actually not a fan of several things on this salad on their own, but all together, it is divine. Really.

And the best part.
Danny loves it too and has requested it to now be one of our "regulars".
Done.

1 comment:

Johnson Family said...

you are awesome!! I was just looking online for some recipe ideas! Looks wonderful, especially because we can use fresh tomatoes from the garden! Yea for summer!