Friday, August 20, 2010

a picture and a story



I have had a lot of Chase pictures lately, but this one comes with a story.

It was time for Ellie's nap so I put Chase in his bouncer with his blanket and bottle. It's much safer when he's "contained", otherwise there's no telling what he'll get into, or get stuck on, or climb up on and fall off of. It's a great routine. After Ellie had fallen asleep, Chase wasn't complaining, so I went in my room for a little me time. Maybe 10 minutes later I hear the pitter-patter of a baby crawling across the kitchen floor.

Huh, that's not possible. Chase is in the bouncer.
Moments later, huh, Chase is in my room.

I realize nothing should surprise me at this point. (Like how another mom at the gym this morning told me she saw Chase through the netting up in the second level of the big kid play place and didn't think someone so little could make it up there. I didn't either. Apparently he likes to climb backward up the slide.) I just don't get how I didn't even hear a crash or a bonk or anything. Ellie wasn't much into climbing, so I thought Chase's obvious love for it was just a boy thing. But now I'm pretty sure it's a Chase thing.

I still don't know how he got out of that thing.

No comments: