Sunday, May 9, 2010

It's good to be a mom.

I have been thinking a lot lately about trying to find more joy in being a mom. I know it is a divine calling. I know that my influence on my home and family is a big one, and irreplaceable. Even knowing all of this, sometimes I lose sight of my role and give in to the daily stresses. (Yes, there is even some griping involved.) But I will keep at it. And it sure is easier when I can remember these precious relationships we're building aren't just for this life, but can carry on into the eternities.

I love reading The Family: A Proclamation to the World, and remembering car rides spent memorizing it with my hubby. (We're probably a bit rusty these days.) I love peeking in on my sleeping babies, and peeking in on my hubby peeking in on our sleeping babies. I love seeing how happy my little Chasey gets when I come around his corner in the morning. I love finding out how clever my Ellie belly really is, and helpful too. I love all of these little reminders that it's good to be a mom.

I also love the three wonderful mother's in my life. And their mother's for having them. (This could go on and on.) Happy Mother's Day.


My silly kids
"Ahhh Chase, help me!" -Ellie

No comments: