Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Maine


We had so much fun on our trip I can't stand the thought of forgetting anything about it. So I've decided to give a day by day, play by play (Or at least the good stuff.) I'm pretty sure it's more information than most people will care to get. But too bad.

Day 1: The Departure & a discovery

Games at the airport
(Everything is more fun when Cathy and Ben are around.)

We all gathered at the airport Friday night around 8 o'clock. It's hard to say whether or not it was worth taking the red eye and getting zero sleep the first night of our vacation. It was great that the kids could sleep instead of squirm, but I was pretty sure it was the worst idea ever come Saturday afternoon when Danny and I were both dying for a nap. We got just a bit of sleep before Ellie and Chase managed to spill raisins and Cheerios all over our little studio living area. Nothing funner that making a mess I suppose. It's a good thing the car rental people didn't know what our little kiddos are capable of, because we ended up with a 2010 Chevy Malibu with only 6 miles on it. Probably the newest car we'll ever drive. (Oops I'm already getting ahead of myself.)

And the discovery? Chase's first tooth. Yeah Chase! Well worth the nearly ten months it took to make it out in the open.

Day 2: Granddad's and Aunt Pam's




Here kitty, kitty


Saturday morning we stopped by Aunt Pam's for breakfast and bubble making toys for the kids. You can never go wrong with bubbles. And then on to Granddad's, where he greeted all of us by name, baby's included. (Thanks for keeping up with all of us and our growing families granddad :). The kids roamed his huge grassy lawn, played tag, searched for bunnies, found Sabrina (Granddad's rather large cat) and got money for souvenirs.

Then on to our home for the week at the Crown Colony Cottage, complete with two queen beds, kitchen and living room all in a single living area. Not many people can cook scramble eggs while sitting on their bed. Small, but cute. (We do now feel like our little 1,000 sq. ft, two bedroom home is a mansion.) But I'll take tiny any day when you've got a view of the ocean and a big grassy field for all the cousins to run around on.



Day 3: Good intentions and a reunion

Sunday morning I got up feeling surprisingly well rested for a 6am wake up. It wasn't until the kids were all bathed and we were minutes from being ready for 9am church , that we realized why. We'd been going by AZ time, and were three hours off. Everyone was already home from church and changed into their reunion shirts. Oops.

So on to reunion number one. We were the hit of the party with our matching shirts.



Day 4: Candle pin bowling






Skinny pins and little, lightweight balls. Think skee ball on a bowling lane. It's definitely not my sport, but Ellie won the prize for style.

Oh yes, there is more trip fun to come!

4 comments:

Johnson Family said...

wow! I am seriously loving your overview of the trip!! I have never been back East and it simply is gorgeous!!!!
keep it up, I am waiting for the next post!
Christa

stephanie said...

i think you win the prize for the most detailed recap so far.

nicely done.

Emily said...

I love trip recaps and I love New England!

Laurie said...

I love the bowling shots!! I didn't know they had lightweight balls. Maybe we'll take the girls sometime!